Google has a number of location-based services, including: Location Accuracy for your Android device (a.k.a. Google Location Services) To get a more accurate location for your phone, learn how to. Under the Location Services menu, all the apps installed in the device are listed. You can disable/ enable Location Services for the apps here. Once this has been configured and the settings saved, the Location Services cannot be modified for the existing apps. Location Services has grown to include 9 regional office locations. Our corporate office is located in Ann Arbor, MI with regional offices in MN, TX, FL, CA, NY and IL. Location Services uses GPS and Bluetooth (where they’re available), along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspots and cellular towers to determine the approximate location of your device. Apps won’t use your location until they ask for your permission and you allow permission. The Location Services screen is also where you can adjust access for your device’s apps — either allowing them to use your location whenever they want, only when you’re using the app, or never.
Leak Location Services, Inc.
We’re an international company specializing in Electrical Leak Location Surveys of Geomembranes. We have over 27 years of experience and deliver first-class surveys for our clients worldwide.
Are You In Need Of A Professional Leak Location Survey Company?
The electrical leak location method is a powerful tool used to detect electrical paths through leaks in a geomembrane liner. A voltage is applied to an electrode placed in the soil or water covering the liner and to an electrode placed in the leak detection zone for double-lined systems or connected to earth ground for single-lined systems. Because the geomembrane liner is an electrical insulator, current will flow only through leaks in the liner. This current produces localized anomalous areas of high current density near the leaks.
Electrical measurements are then made on the soil or in the water to locate these points of current flow through the leaks. ASTM D6747 describes the various implementations of the method.
Location Services Apple Tv
The electrical leak location method is suitable for liquid impoundments and tanks, as well as pre-service inspections of solid waste landfills.
Electrical leak location surveys are conducted on the primary or secondary geomembrane liners with water or soil covering the liner.
Surveys with soil on the liner are important to detect leaks caused by machinery used to place the soil cover. With proper site conditions and survey procedures, the electrical leak location method can detect and locate 0.001 square inch (0.6 square mm) leaks in liners covered with water and 0.04 square inch (26 square mm) leaks in liners covered with 2 feet (600 mm) of soil.
OUR INDUSTRY ASSOCIATIONS
- ‘Their Technicians on the job are first-rate.’
- I have utilized Leak Locations Services on multiple projects and have been very satisfied with the work performed, and the professionalism they bring to the table. Their Technicians on the job are first-rate, get the job done quickly and efficiently and are a pleasure to work with. The office staff is also very knowledgeable and helpful and a pleasure to work with. Would not hesitate to recommend Leak Location Services, and hopefully get the opportunity to work together with them again.
- Tom Lowe, A Servidone, Inc./B. Anthony Constr. Corp. JV
- ‘LLSI gets back fast whenever we request pre-bid estimates.’
- LLSI gets back fast whenever we request pre-bid estimates. Even better, they are remarkably flexible getting technicians in and out (and sometimes back) to our job sites. We have plenty of options around the country for leak location work, but invariably Matt and his crews are the ones we use and recommend to Owners, Contractors and the Engineers that ask our opinion.
- Duff Simbeck, Vice President
- We will definitely continue using their services and will recommend them to our clients.
- The Layfield Group of Companies have been using Leak Location Services, Inc. services since 2004. We have subcontracted them to assist us in identifying leaks in geomembrane containment systems inclusive of fluid impoundments tank farm applications. The surveys performed have included soil surveys, water surveys (wading and towed array) and bare liner (water puddle) surveys. Their service level, ability to work in the many different geomembrane applications is a plus and the survey results reporting have been excellent. We will definitely continue using their services and will recommend them to our clients. We trust you find this information satisfactory, and if you require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Fred R. Cross, National Construction Manager
- My overall experience with LLSI this last year was exceptional.
- I worked with the staff at LLSI this year on a landfill project. The staff there is professional, the results are very accurate, reports were delivered when promised, they are able to adjust to moving schedules and are competitively priced. My overall experience with LLSI this last year was exceptional. I look forward to having LLSI on more of my projects in the future.
- Dave Steele, Senior Estimator
- The old saying “go the extra mile” — all of our experience with them — they definitely did this.
- In the past we were involved with a project in Coral Gables, Florida and used Leak Location Services. A Geotech firm provided us with a list of companies that did this type of work and our decision was choosing this company — which turned out to be a very good decision on our part. I compare this to having to go to a doctor — no one wants to go — but if you have to — you are glad they are there. No construction company wants to have to go this direction — but you are happy there is a “way to go” Leak Location Services on a scale of 1–10 — were definitely above a 10. Our experience from the management, co-operation, co-ordination, scheduling — re-scheduling, and additional support was met far more than expected. Their services in the field also proved to be more than expected with knowledgeable, experienced, co-operative and respectful personnel. We would highly recommend Leak Location Services to any company requiring this type of work. The old saying “go the extra mile” — all of our experience with them — they definitely did this.
- Paul Cope, Manager
- “We will definitely be using LLSI in the future and are happy to recommend them.”
- When we were looking for a leak location contractor for one of our large landfill cell construction projects, Leak Location Services was recommend by the owner. With the project location in Upstate New York, at first I was skeptical of using a firm from Texas. My fears were abated immediately upon arrival of the LLSI crew. Dale and his team performed efficiently and professionally, in fact I had to remind myself they were almost 2,000 miles from their home base! We will definitely be using LLSI in the future and are happy to recommend them.
- Olin Ellsworth, Project Manager
- ‘I continue to use them whenever I have a technically demanding project.’
- When someone who’s been in the business for almost 40 years tells you to use a particular company, it’s usually wise to heed their advice. That is how I first came to know about LLSI. The professionalism, quality of staff, product and reporting I received from LLSI on that first project made me understand not only why they were referred to me in the first place, but why I continue to use them whenever I have a technically demanding project.
- Dustin Stevenson, CET, PMP
- With the knowledge and expertise of LLSI, we were able to establish and exceed regulatory requirements and learned valuable lessons for future projects.
- When reviewing our situation with other liner professionals, Leak Location Services, Inc (LLSI) kept coming up favorably in discussion. We conducted a telephone consultation and contracted with LLSI. Our cell had three types of areas to be tested: Sand-covered, ponded water at the sump, and areas along rain flaps where the geomembrane was exposed. Because we required the cell to be completely tested, the use of three different leak location survey techniques were required and LLSI had expertise in all three. Five leaks were found, with two of them being large enough and located in down gradient areas to be our potential source(s). We thought we had our fix. Repairs were made and monitoring resumed. Significant improvement was made in reducing the flow into the secondary. We were now just within acceptable levels but we were not satisfied. After monitoring the landfill cell over the winter, we again had LLSI come out and do a resurvey. Our “leaker” was found: the repair done in the most critical area was leaking. With the knowledge and expertise of LLSI, we were able to establish and exceed regulatory requirements and learned valuable lessons for future projects.
- Wesley Sherman, Facility Engineer
- LLSI has consistently proven their experience and technical know-how on even the most demanding projects, especially soil covered surveys.
- RK Frobel & Associates has been involved in the design, inspection, CQA and forensics on hundreds of geomembrane lined containments and covers for over 30 years. Ever since the Electrical Leak Location Survey (ELLS) was pioneered, developed and introduced by LLSI, we have used ELLS as an integral part of projects and most importantly as a final check on new construction. We have used the services of LLSI almost exclusively for over 20 years. LLSI has consistently proven their experience and technical know-how on even the most demanding projects, especially soil covered surveys. We continue to use the services of LLSI simply because we want it done right the first time!
- Ron Frobel, PE, Owner/Principal
- I consider LLSI a valuable member of my project teams and they have been a part of a number of my successful projects. Their ability to locate liner anomalies when the water storage structure is empty, partially full, or completely full provides the ultimate flexibility, allowing me to have testing performed in any scenario when the need arises without needing to empty the structure. Also, their reputation in the lining industry and proven performance bring a high level of credibility to the Quality Assurance phase of my projects.
- Oil & Gas Professional
Note: This article is for the new Microsoft Edge . Get help for the legacy version of Microsoft Edge.
Some websites can give you more accurate results when you share your location with them. For example, if you share your location, search engines can give you more relevant results for restaurants and coffee near you.
By default, the new Microsoft Edge will always ask your permission when a site wants to know your location. When a site requests your location, you’ll see a prompt like this:
Control if websites can access your location in Microsoft Edge
To block Microsoft Edge from sharing your location with websites:
- In Microsoft Edge, select Settings and more > Settings .
- Select Site permissions > Location.
- Turn off Ask before accessing. Microsoft Edge won’t share your location with any website.
To allow Microsoft Edge to share your location with websites:
- In Microsoft Edge, select Settings and more > Settings .
- Select Site permissions > Location.
- Turn on Ask before accessing. Microsoft Edge will prompt you whenever a website wants to access your location.
Enable Location Services Bing
Even when you’ve blocked Microsoft Edge from sharing your location with websites, some sites can use information such as your IP address to determine your device’s location with varying degrees of accuracy.
Control specific websites from accessing your location
You can also allow or block specific sites from accessing your location:
- Visit a website in Microsoft Edge.
- In the corner of the address bar, select the Lock , Info , or Dangerous icon and select Site permissions.
- Next to Location, choose Ask (default), Allow, or Block from the list.
How Microsoft Edge interacts with operating system permissions when sharing your location with a website
If you allow your location to be shared with a site, Windows can use info such as your IP address, nearby Wi-Fi access points, and GPS data, if available, to estimate your location coordinates and pass this info to Microsoft Edge. This information is then shared with the site requesting your location.
Windows 10 and Windows 8
If you turn on Allow access to location on this device and Allow apps to access your location in Location settings in Windows, Microsoft Edge can provide sites with a more precise location. This information will only be shared with sites you’ve allowed to see your location.
Note that websites can use other methods such as looking up your IP address to estimate your location if Location settings in Windows are turned off.
To learn more about Windows location and privacy settings, see Windows 10 location service and privacy.
Other operating systems
For operating systems other than Windows 10 and Windows 8, Microsoft Edge will use the permissions in Settings and more > Site permissions > Location to determine whether to share your location with a website.
Location Services Not Working
Microsoft Edge can use information such as your IP address and nearby Wi-Fi access points to estimate your location. This information is then shared with the site requesting your location.
Protecting your privacy while sharing your location
Microsoft respects your privacy, and Microsoft Edge includes several built-in checks to ensure that we access your location only when we have your permission and do so in a manner that protects your privacy:
- Microsoft Edge does not collect and store location information with your Microsoft account.
- Microsoft Edge always respects the site permissions of the signed-in profile to control access to your location:
- If you’re using InPrivate browsing, Microsoft Edge will use the location permission setting of the profile from which the InPrivate session was launched.
- If you’re using Guest mode, Microsoft Edge will always ask for your permission before granting the site your location.